Saturday, June 16, 2012

Arrival in Stockholm 6/16/12

I think mom and I are finally getting a little jet lag. It has been a couple of busy days. We were about 45 minutes late getting off the ground in Dulles because the plane had electrical problems and they had to "reset the systems." (Mom had a great bulkhead seat for her legs but she still got a cramp as she was sleeping on the floor with her feet up on the seat.) Then we got into Copenhagen late because of the earlier delay. Consequently, our luggage didn't get transferred to our plane into Stockholm (which arrived at 9:35 or thereabouts). SAS said they would have our luggage delivered to us between 1 and 4 pm but it didn't get delivered until 6pm.

The temple president and his wife picked us up at the airport and invited us to a party for temple workers that was being given by another swedish temple worker at his home at 4 pm. Obviously, we didn't make it to the barbeque at 4, but the temple president came back and took us over there. The workers were delightful. It looks like we will have a great time.

We hope that Bente is also having a great time at her reunion in Utah. I'm publishing this blog before I fall asleep.

2 comments:

  1. Hey dad! Amy totally apologizes that she gave you such a bad time about the blog and then she didn't even read it! Anyway, you are doing a really good job with the blog, keep it up! We all read your blog today and I am sending the blog out to Trine. It is fun to hear what you guys are doing.
    Love, Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, and I thought that I could count on you for sure. I got your email about IHC, but Kari has shut down for the day - tired and asleep. I'll try to get her attention tomorrow. Thanks

      Delete